When it comes to putting on a successful conference, the venue is integral. If you’ve got the right place, you’re already half-way there. Here our GM Jacqui Williams provides her expert tips on planning the perfect corporate event.
Established at a premier location for conferencing, meetings and events, Townhouse’s general manager Jacqui Williams is ideally positioned to provide her top tips on what to look for when searching for the perfect location for your event.
- Choose a venue that offers tailored packages and comes with a conferencing team to cater to your specific needs. “These are the experts who can provide you with important information regarding seating plans, booking systems, checklists and the registration process of delegates. The personal interaction makes a big difference to the end result,” says Williams.
- Plan the catering in advance with the venue chef. You need to meet your delegates and guests dietary requirements, so ensure the venue has caterers on hand to ensure the food is fresh and the drinks are cold. For a long conference, the meals and snacks should be fresh and light.
- Always ask if the venue has the necessary audio-visual equipment, great lighting and full high-speed Wi-Fi coverage. Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity have become the lifeblood of conferencing and events. The last thing you want is for people who have paid for a conference to not be able to see or hear the message you are relaying.
- Check that there will be someone from the venue on standby to help you throughout the day and to make sure your event runs smoothly.
- Choose a venue that is central for all delegates or guests. Check whether there is adequate parking and that it is easily accessible via public transport.
- Hosting an event for out-of-town delegates? A hotel is the best place to do it. This way, you can ensure the hotel offers you a special accommodation package.
- Ask about the venue’s sustainability policies. Townhouse Hotel is committed to providing exceptional conferencing experience for delegates, while incorporating eco-friendly and socially responsible initiatives into its operational practices. The hotel is committed to reducing the carbon footprint.