We are committed to environmentally responsible hoteling, developing long-term sustainable and resource-saving practices. We have implemented multiple hotel devices and practices to help conserve energy and water, as well as recycling most of our waste. We endeavour to make use of local, sustainable and ethically produced goods such as wine, coffee, meats, seafood and stationery. A percentage of conference-delegate fees fund greening projects, like Greenpop. learn more
Our staff are also committed to environmental initiatives, taking part in the beach and the Community Gardens clean-ups. We are also Fair Trade certified, are responsible employers and involved members of our communities.
We invite you to join us on our sustainable journey and request that you use the resources of our beautiful city with care. We live in a water scarce region and ask that you keep showers short and follow the other tips you will find in your bathroom and around the hotel and help us do our bit to conserve this precious resource.
The City of Cape Town has amended the water restriction guidelines to level 3 (1 December 2018). Personal water consumption has been increased to 105 liters per person per day see more info here:
We will make it easy for you to save water during your stay with us. Simply follow these tips:
- Close taps when soaping hands, shaving or brushing teeth.
- Place the bucket provided in the shower when showering. We recycle the excess water it collects.
- Reduce your time in the shower by making use of the shower timer in your bathroom. A shower uses 15 -18 litres per minute.
- Reuse your towels and linen to reduce laundry requirements. We will only wash towels we find in the bath and if you are staying for more than a week, we will change your bed linen on the fourth morning.
- Use the hand sanitizer dispensers instead of washing your hands with water.